MASTER SUPER PREP COURSE
WHO IS IT FOR?
Someone who is serious about passing their Master 500gt/3000gt (Yacht), wants to learn the content inside out and become a competent/confident Captain.
DURATION: 2 WEEKS BLENDED/IMMERSIVE LEARNING
MAXIMUM 4 STUDENTS
This is my brand new course and I am very proud to say it is the best of everything. I bring you back up to a strong OOW level and then build on this and convert you to Captain with the help of a Master Mariner.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Firstly I send you pre-reading in the form of a kindle/my personal Master eBook/study list/quizzes/Fred's quiz app from the apple store etc, to make sure you have the right tools to study efficiently and are prepared. I then track your progress with online quizzes, to make sure you are focused. Then you arrive in Cowes to be fully immersed within the house with all the various study props and up-to-date publications. I have designed a structured lesson plan following the syllabus from A-Z and teach with a mixture of individual, group and one-on-one learning. I allow down time to catch up with your personal study, which includes the famous iPad/app. Let the real study begin!
Week 1 - "Fred's House"
Be fully immersed with a combination of myself and self-study with the iPad making sure you understand the OOW syllabus again. Looking at current up-to-date past papers and having time to immersive yourself with the books/publications/study props. This brings you back to OOW level.
Week 2 - "Fred's House"
Is full on conversion course - I have outsourced a Master Mariner to build on my teaching and make sure you can answer questions not only in the syllabus but hold a conversation on any relevant subject.
We then do a video recorded Mock exam to make sure you can handle the stress!
Please see below for more detailed information.
- Fred's "what to study" list sent on sign up
- Kindle - my personally written Master’s eBook that works through the syllabus, including my source material - sent approximately 2 months before the course
- Use of my Quiz app from the apple store - sent on sign up
- Online quizzes – sent at various intervals to make sure you are studying efficiently
Week 1/OOW foundation - I teach in the morning than you self study with my ipad which has 38 hours of video and 450 quizzes. This will bring you back to a good OOW level before the 2nd week of Captains study.
Week 2/Master - Independant Master Mariner who teaches/mentors 5 days from 9-5, plus a mock exam from another Master Mariner. This way if you have a weakness I will find it.
- Book your exam on your behalf – we track exam centres and provide cover letters to take the stress away
- Provide great accommodation – We have found that most students not only learn better but prefer to stay in accommodation together. We want you to be comfortable, as know the importance of a good nights sleep and a great study environment. Therefore we have recently sourced "Freds House" a 4-bedroom/2 bathroom/5 toilets/2 teaching room house. Its conveniently situated 1/2 mile from Cowes Redjet Ferry Terminal/High Street. The house is available from Sunday-to-Sunday, thus allowing everyone to settle in the night before and taking full advantage of my study props without feeling rushed. Also as my wife was a chief stewardess, we also have our own Egyptian sheets/towels, coffee machine, bullet blender, fast internet, printer, washing machine/iron, personal desks in room, welcome pack and lots more to make your stay hassle free. This is purposely designed for super yacht crew.
- Fully immersive and personal – We teach a maximum of 4 students in a fully immersive environment. Another benefit is that you waste no time commuting between the classroom – I teach from your accommodation so your precious time is utilised.
- Best teaching equipment – Apple of course, plus all the up-to-date props the examiners use.
- Fred's study notes - approx 400 pages – I update continuously.
- One dedicated teacher up to OOW level who keeps continuity in teaching style. Then a Master Mariner to help make the conversion to Master level and beyond.
- Mock exam – Performed in my office at the Cowes Harbour Commission to make the experience as real as possible. We use an independent source/examiner to identify your strengths and weaknesses. We also record your mock exam to allow you to see your bad habits (and of course to make sure your suit still fits you from your OOW!)
- Learning as an individual, together and one-on-one – everyone learns in different ways and I have allowed for this. However as this is an oral exam, we also need to practice projecting ourselves vocally.
- Blended learning whilst covering the A-Z of the syllabus – due to student feedback, I have days scheduled in for you to recap and study – it’s a huge amount of information to take in all at once so have catered for this. It also gives you time to play with all my various props/App/teaching aids and up to date publications.
- Exam techniques - with a degree in psychology I perfect your responses and make sure you use keywords the examiner needs to hear.
- Past exam papers – up-to-date.
- Support during and after - Not only will I support you during the teaching process, but my wife will help with all the other little things. As a previous chief boat stewardess/flight purser she understands the constraints of trying to organise your courses/travel/accommodation/immigration letters/suit/cover letters etc so will be there to help. Also should you do the unthinkable (sorry will not even say the word) we will provide you with my distance learning course for free and book another exam.